Relicensure & Professional Development
IQS maintains this resource library to best support School Leaders. Looking for support on something specific to your school? Please reach out!
Continuing Education and Relicensure Committee
Purpose and Philosophy
The Innovative Quality Schools (IQS) Continuing Education and Relicensure Committee (the “Committee”) is a consortium of Minnesota public charter schools and is established according to the Minnesota Board of Teaching rules for the purpose of evaluating continuing education activities, granting appropriate clock hours for those activities, and recommending renewal of five-year continuing or professional teaching and support service licenses.
The Consortium includes educators employed, formerly employed, retired or under contract with a Minnesota public charter school authorized by Innovative Quality Schools that does not have their own local committee, those contracted to perform services on behalf of the authorizer, Innovative Quality Schools.
The Committee will establish a meeting schedule annually.
FY23 Meeting Dates (please submit requests prior to the meetings)
Please review the resources below for submitting INDIVIDUAL clock hour submissions or
GROUP clock hour submissions (two parts) and reach out if you have any questions!
- Individual: IQS Continuing Education Clock Hour Submission
- Group: MEMO, IQS Continuing Education Committee Submission Template (part 1)
- Group: Google Sheets Roster for IQS Submission Template (part 2a)
- Group: Attendance Roster - IQS Continuing Education Committee Submissions (part 2b)
Professional Development Supports
- Licensure Requirements: Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB)
- License Renewal Training: Professional Learning Board Online PD for Teachers and Schools - Professional Learning Board